Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rock and Roll Girls


Saturday afternoon saw your HoRe Football Royals break into the win column for the first time this season, at the expense of the HoCro Crusaders.  As one might expect, this was not as easy win, as the Crusaders managed a 4th quarter comeback to tie the game, then scored a touchdown on their OT possession.  A missed PAT in OT gave the Royals all the opportunity they needed, as they matched the Crusader's touchdown, then followed through by making the extra point to assure the victory.  Exciting stuff for the 8 fans that made the trip.

Lots of excitement on the field, and a big batch of pictures.  Let's start the fun there-

Here's one of those shots that makes you think that the Holy Cross player should really have bought Zach dinner first, then tried this.

This one really didn't work out so well.  The scoreboard at this field is kind of "old-school", so I thought it would be cool to include it in a picture.  This is HoRe's first extra point sailing through the uprights, with the scoreboard as a backdrop, but in the end, I don't like it.  I think I had to zoom in too close to see the football, and lost some of the impact of the scoreboard as a result.  Here's a better attempt, as Zach tries to make his way out of a 4th and 8 situation, but something still seems off.  Maybe next time.

This was a good fake.  Good enough to fool me, anyway, as I thought I was following the ball.

My process is way too slow to be used for instant replay, but thankfully this facemask was called anyway.

I like this series-  Nick was this close to being tackled, broke free, and made it all the way to me at the other end zone for an extreme close-up.  At the time, it seemed to put the game out of reach.

Hard to tell from this picture, but this was a crushing hit.  Nice job, Mike.

The body language on this one is awesome.  The ref didn't buy it though, as pass interference was called.

Here's the game-winning moment.  I am not so sure Mrs. Degnan would have been able to leave the field on her own power if Louis had missed this.

In spite of the low attendance, there was plenty of fun off the field as well.  Let's start with the band-

My second look at the Styx tribute was every bit as good as the first time (for me) last week.  I may have mis-heard, but I would swear that the show was introduced as "Holy Redeemer's marching band will take you on a journey through the past with the songs of today"  Huh?

I forgot to mention these cool props last week.  They look like some kind of futuristic pizza cutters to me.

Warm-ups for the band?  OK.....

Give Christine credit for enthusiasm.  And consistency.

I was planning on a short blog post today, but that clearly didn't work out.  Here are just a few quick notes from the land of FotoFink-

It's a bit of a stretch to link our title today to the game, but bear with me-  Styx, when performed well, is rock and roll.  There are girls in the halftime show performing it, so....  The truth is, I am finally moving on from Fleetwood Mac with my lifelong project, and I just like this song.

Just as the victory on Saturday is a milestone for Royals Football, FF has hit a milestone.  September is probably going to finish up with about 70,000 hits on the website, the most ever in a single month.  The previous high was just over 50,000, so this is a significant increase.  I view this as an indication that I am not the only one enjoying this, so thanks to all of you for viewing, and buying, the photos on the site.

So much for short.  Here's what you need-

Game pictures

Many, many pictures

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment