Friday, September 25, 2009

Like It Or Not


Another game with mixed emotions for your FotoFink staff .  ("I'm in a glass case of emotion").  Depending on your rooting interest, you will either like the results or not.  (Sorry about the quality on that link- that recording looks awfully "bootleggy" to me.)  Not that there were any real surprises at Thursday's match- Coughlin, who have been on a roll, came to Eddie White and dominated Holy Redeemer, who have been on something other than a roll.  There were a few bright spots for HoRe- the 5-0 score at halftime matched the deficit that took the whole game on Monday night, so there ought to be some points for efficiency.  I'll leave the game analysis to the coaches, and focus my efforts on some of the my gametime observations-

I know that players get in to odd positions during matches, and that sometimes the camera will catch them in a unique pose.  Still-  this doesn't look right.

If I can get to a game in time for warm-ups, I can usually get some decent shots.  In many ways, it's easier- There is more activity, it happens in a predictable way, and I can seek out players that I may have missed on the field.  If I am careful, the shots will look like game shots- so I try to keep the background clear, not show teammates standing around without a game face, and hopefully get a decent picture.  All of this added up for this shot of Matt- until I am working on the processing and noticed the ipod cord.

Olivia Zurad broke her consecutive game streak, so Cal Ripken Jr. can rest easy.  We'll cut Olivia a break here, as she was competing in the girls volleyball match at gametime.

I still don't completely get it- It wasn't that sunny, it certainly didn't rain.  Maybe she's just shy.

Speaking of awkward moments, I'll make a Seinfeld reference for these- Pick or Scratch?

Many of you know that Mrs. FotoFink has had some surgery recently.  During the 8 week (and counting) recovery, I came to more fully understand the term "stir crazy" as her activities were extremely limited and I got to watch as she slowly slipped off the deep end.  I get a more mild case of stir crazy as I edit a large batch of photos- After the Ian Pope tournament I had the "Josie and the Pussycats" theme in my head thanks to this team.   As I worked on these shots, my mind took me on a few journeys as well.  This picture took me here. Which reminded me of the Chris Farley version from Tommy Boy- near the end of this clipThis picture then took me here.  Is there any medication for this?

Sorry Lindsey-  I had to.

Air Magnus.  Nice.

I feel that I've been over-wordy with this- so on to the pics.

Game

Site

Just some FYI- the upcoming schedule looks like Redeemer Football on Saturday, Crestwood Soccer on Wednesday, then Redeemer Field Hockey on Thursday.  Looks like more Redeemer soccer on the 8th, and Coughlin on the 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment