Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Bug

Wednesday found our staff at the bog once again, for a matchup between the Coughlin Crusaders and the Crestwood Comets  (quite a lot of alliteration there).  The game stayed close for a while, then a penalty kick (it seems a game cannot go by without at least one this season) broke things open.  After Coughlin went up, Crestwood could never get in the game, and fell in a 6-0 nail-biter.

Some thoughts-

This was an interesting battle- clearly hard-fought throughout the game.  See if you can tell which of these (one, two or three) resulted in the PK.  The other two, by the way, were not considered fouls.  By the officials, anyway.

The Bug is a Dire Straits song,  remade by several others as well.  Why is is appropriate?  Several ways- As the lyrics suggest, sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.  This was Crestwood's day to be the bug.  My original thought about using it, however, was the unbelievable amount of gnats at the field yesterday- I spent half of my time swatting & brushing, and my legs are still a bug-bitten mess.  Cooler weather is coming, and I can't believe I am looking forward to long pants.  How bad was it?  I am not sure if the dots around the heads in this shot are sweat or gnats.

This shot should probably have been scrapped.  It's fuzzy, no faces, etc. etc.  I kept it because I liked the line created by the players- too bad the quality wasn't better.

Don't you think that dinner & a movie should come before the pant grab and nipple tweak?

Busy times here at FotoFink headquarters.  Next week's schedule is iffy, but we'll be trying to get to Crestwood for some team and individual shots.  Might actually go a week without any action shots, but it's too early to tell.

Game photos.

Lots of photos.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blog. Wish you would take photos of Coughlin v Dallas on Monday.
    Thanks
    Hotdog Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HDM-

    Unfortunately, I don't have the Coughlin/Dallas match on the schedule. If you are hoping for more Coughlin pictures, there should be plenty more- it looks like my next opportunity will be 9/24 at Holy Redeemer. Dallas is a different story- as things have come together so far, I don't have plans to be at any of their matches. With playoffs & weather issues though, you never know!

    ReplyDelete