Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Calling Elvis

Labor day brought Scranton High School to the Bog for a match against Coughlin, and our staff was on hand to take advantage of the morning light to get some unique angles on the play.  As it worked out, the photos may have been the most interesting part of the day, as the score heavily favored your Crusaders and Scranton never seemed to mount a serious threat.

 A few thoughts-

I am not sure about the picture at the top of this post.  I am obviously shooting through the net as Elvis nearly scores on this head ball, and because it happened so close to me, it is zoomed in pretty tight.  The result- an extra close-up, through-the-net view of an exciting play- is either one of my best shots, or a weak effort that should have been scrapped.  Since you can't see Elvis' face, I am leaning towards the latter.  Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts-  all feedback is appreciated.

The Bog seems to be in better shape than in years past- I am sure the players don't miss the baseball infield that used to be part of the pitch.  Now if there was only a way to get rid of the bugs....

How do you get onto FotoFink?  Sometimes you have to ask not to.

Calling Elvis represents another step backwards through my lifelong project, but if I waited to use it, the step would have only gotten larger.  That video is kind of cool anyway- digging out memories of this TV show from my childhood. Once again, I want to thank the Herreras for providing some fodder for the blog- but stay tuned- I am sure I am not finished with this yet.

Just a short blog entry today, as this also happens to be a wedding anniversary for Mrs. FotoFink and myself.  One of the few times where I truly know where I was 24 years ago today.  It was, in fact, the hottest day of the summer, and ironically, I spent the afternoon cursing out the wedding photographer who insisted I keep my tuxedo jacket on for pictures.  As my new bride & I drove away to our honeymoon, (the brewery tour in Williamsburg Va.) our friends left the reception to see midget wrestling.  Good times!

As always-

Game shots are here.

FotoFink in total is here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment