Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Already Gone

 
Meyers (I have a hard time with the "Elmer L." part of that) visited Holy Redeemer on Tuesday for the last preseason match of the year, and our staff took advantage of some nice weather to capture the moments for posterity.  Two penalty kicks left the score knotted at 1, and despite some spirited play, and several posts/crossbars, neither team could gain an edge when the horn sounded.  On the JV side, Meyers cruised to a 2-0 victory in a shortened match.

The officials played a large part in the match, which is frustrating.  Here's some unsolicited advice from FF- Get over it.  There are not enough good officials to worry about the bad ones.  These were not the worst that you will see.  To keep my cool, I try to look at them as a random part of the game- like a bad bounce.  It works about as well as "Serenity Now".

Some thoughts-

I understand the whole thing about the danger of the sun, and I certainly welcome shade on a hot day.  I just can't get used to umbrellas on the sidelines though.  It looks to me like they are waiting to be served High Tea.

Here is today's awkward moment, captured on camera.

Once again- competition.  If this keeps up, FotoFink will need some kind of bailout.  How about "Cash for Clickers"?

As promised.

Already Gone, of course, is from the Eagles, who are coincidentally named after the future Super-Bowl Champion football team.  It ties into this post, and recent events, in a number of ways.

Fall soccer means summer is already gone.

Preseason is already gone- someone had better start scoring goals.

A resignation means a spiritual leader is already gone.

Rumors abound about another leader resigning- one that will more directly impact our soccer community.  Since I am not sure if they are already gone, I'll hold my tongue there.

Game pics are here.

Whole site is here.  Let me know what you think of the new layout- you can leave comments here or on the picture site.  Email works also, if you have any detailed thoughts.  sfinkernagel@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment