Friday, April 3, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday

Very few of you probably read this blog for updates and information on the coaches. ("It's the shoe for kids who want to coach....." Name that movie!) Nonetheless, at this blistering pace of 3-4 entries per week, it is critical that I find any twist or wrinkle in the day's activity to focus on. Thursday, that wrinkle was Coach K Jr.'s birthday, (Coach Little K? Special K? You can pick) which Holy Redeemer celebrated with a convincing win over the visiting squad from Hanover. Jeff turned 27, by the way, so make sure you offer him the proper celebratory libation at the happy hour tonight.

The Royals employed their deep bench to defeat the Hawkeyes in three straight games, so the pictures from the game may feature some players that we don't ordinarily see much of. The one-sided nature of the day also does not create as many action shots as usual, so there are plenty of warm-up pictures that you can pirate for facebook. JV action was limited, so too are the pictures.

Interesting side note- New ref, none of the mysterious "illegal substitution" calls, or that "wax off" penalty either. I am sure that both teams played perfectly within those rules.

Another- I had a little fun at Tim's expense last time out, so to be fair, I need to mention the tremendous job he does with the opening introductions. I mean that- no sarcasm this time. The intros are outstanding, and Tim clearly has a knack for public speaking.

One more- I noticed this photo, and all that I could think of was this scene.

Not-as-interesting side note- Faithful readers (once again, mostly my family) will notice a musical trend with the post titles. Since I am too lazy for careful thought, the titles are pretty much whatever in in my head at the time. Lately, I have been deep into a project that may take the rest of my days on earth- converting a substantial album collection (the black vinyl things, for those of you who just turned 27, or less) to digital files. I have been working on this for a few weeks now, as you may be able to tell, I am still in the B's. To do this, the music actually has to be played, and recorded in real time, so I will be listening to songs that I have not heard in decades. Some for good reason- I can't believe I ever bought the Beach Boys Christmas album. Looking ahead, you should expect some Jimmy Buffett, Cheap Trick, and Creedence in the coming weeks.

Enough rambling. Pictures from the match are here.

The whole gamush (don't ask) is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment