Friday, April 17, 2009

Dallas


The Lady Royals got their second, and possibly final chance at the Dallas squad on Thursday, with the result ending up the same as the first match- A close, 1-0 victory for Dallas. HR had some good chances, but never managed to get on the board for the entire 80 minutes. While this loss probably eliminated any dim hope that HR had of first place, we saw last year that there are more important considerations. Now does not seem to be the time to be placing blame, but rather the team should consider the positive side of this- They played a good team to a close match. Now is the time to come together, look ahead to finish strong and make a good playoff run. Why do I feel like one of these two as I read that?

Our staff was going to pass on this one, as the real job took us to the outer reaches of Mongolia that afternoon. But the day was too nice, and the coin toss gods cut us a break- Our late arrival forced us to miss part (most) of the first half, but the sun was better positioned for HR pics after the flip at halftime anyway. No rush to leave either, so there are plenty of JV shots as well.

JV, by the way- 3-1 victory. Is the future bright?

Some observations-

I am not too picky about this stuff, but based on this headline, who do you think won the game?

Less hugging for Hope at this one. I am sure we'll see more- It's a hard habit to break.

I am not sure if what it looks like is about to happen here actually did, but I liked this shot.

Another game where I did not see anyone dribble past Alyssa. I know that as a sweeper, you are usually the second defender, which gives you a pretty good shot at most balls. Still- this is an amazing run. Not that I want it to end, mind you, but I am going to keep an eye on this for a while.

Amanda thinks that she makes funny faces in most of my pictures. I think that the "airplane thing" that she does with her arms is even funnier. It's actually an effective way to shield the opponent off the ball, but I won't let that fact get in the way of a witty comment.

I look at this picture, and I can't help but think of this movie quote- "Just snake a tube down her nose, and I'll be there in four or five hours" Leave a comment to name that movie for some special FotoFink recognition.

If you read the title to this post and said "Aha! He finally ran out of song titles!" then I won't pop your bubble. On the other hand, if you picked up on the reference, come chat with me about the stories we could tell.

Game

Site

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment