Monday, April 20, 2009

Ran Into a Chum


I saw this weekend coming for quite a while. Coughlin/Holy Redeemer Girls Soccer has been a rivalry for quite a while, plus a few of the Coughlin girls have reached out to become "Friends of FotoFink" over the last season. When the first match was rescheduled to this past Friday, I was pretty sure I could make time to be there for it. The Pottsville Volleyball tournament followed on Saturday, which is another big day for pictures (There will be another post on that). As I've said in this town many times before (If you've picked up on that reference, you need help. Seriously.) taking the pictures is actually the easy part- It's the editing and posting that takes most of the time. In short- I'd be busy. If you've noticed, I have been pretty diligent about posting pictures quickly, and I was pretty well caught up before the two events. Then....

In Jimmy Buffett's drunk, Carribean, Rock & Roll world, he "Ran into a chum, With a bottle of rum, And we wound up drinking all night" Now that I am a "Pirate looking at 40" (from the wrong side) my world is "Ran into some friends, Went out for wings, dinner & a few beers afterwards, home by 11 but too pooped to edit" Once I get a little behind, it's a slippery slope.

Here, finally though, are the photos from the girl's game. HR took an early lead, then Coughlin suffered a red-card ejection to bring the team down to 10 girls. As happens so often in soccer though, the undermanned squad rallied, and Coughlin was able to score the equalizer. Two overtime periods did not change the score, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Some items of note-

Sometimes the camera catches some great hair moments. Like here. Or here. It seems like there should be a "separated at birth" from Rachel's picture, but I am a bit stymied. Leave a comment if you have any thoughts.

I have been picking on the local paper lately, and to be fair, they probably rely on the info that the coaches provide for this stuff anyway. Page down to the HR/Coughlin summary on this page. Christina Flaherty is a good goalie, especially considering the 5 saves she made from another state. We'll give Alexa Kalaft the credit she deserve on this site.

Still. Stay tuned.

Amanda's "Snarly face of the day"

I love this picture. Generally, there needs to be a player's face in the shot to make it worth posting, but Lexie's body language speaks volumes.

Overheard on the sideline- "She's usually on the other end of those fouls"

This girl (I think) was asking about the pictures and where they would be published/posted. I hope she finds us, as she is in quite a few.

Real job stuff to do today. Here's the scoop-

Game (That link will take you to the entire gallery of shots from Friday.)

Site

cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment