Friday, October 2, 2009

Now We're Getting Somewhere


Progress was shown on several levels Wednesday night, as Crestwood defeated Wyoming Valley West by a 3-1 final score.  I have always felt that the measure of a team's success is whether they are playing better at the end of a season than they were at the beginning.  The boy's soccer schedule allows this to be easily noted, as the second half is made up of the same opponents as the first.  These teams battled to a draw in the season opener, at the rematch Crestwood never let Valley West into the game.  The Comets are clearly improving as the season wears on.  Crestwood took a big step forward in securing a playoff berth with this win also, securing third place for now.  PIAA rules are fuzzy, to me at least, but it may be that the third place is the final playoff spot from the division, so every game is important now.

I am pretty late to the party with this update, so it will be another quick one.

Some confusion over the start time for the JV match left me with some time to kill beforehand, so I stumbled onto this place.  2 FotoFink thumbs up for a cheap, tasty, probably unhealthy meal.

I was able to make the entire JV match, so there are quite a few shots from their win also. 

I know, I know....  It's bad form to be critical of the officiating.  So let me just say this-  Wow.

One of the downsides to using the flash at these games is that it takes time to recycle before it can pop again- so timing is more critical; I can't rely on the burst button to snap 6.5 frames per second.  I only mention that as a lame excuse for why I missed the ball passing the keeper on this PK.

Things got a little testy up in the stands as the game wore on.  I am going to blame the redhead with the glasses.  She's feisty.

Our title today is from Crowded House.  I have revised my guidelines a little as the lifelong project has stalled.  I am now allowing anything that I have recorded to be a possible title, since there aren't enough good titles at the current stopping place.  It's nice to be able to make up the rules as I go along.

Time's up for me-  The weekend starts soon.

Game

Site

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment