Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back In The Saddle


Blog watchers may have noticed an extended absence from posting lately- rest assured that all is well.  Things are a little too busy here in the land of FotoFink- most of our favorite teams had requested staff members for their senior night galas, and with seasons coming to a close, there is always that push to get "just one more game" in the archives.  To make a long story short- the backlog of photos to edit has been staggering.  With so much photoshop work to do, spending time on a blog entry seemed frivolous.

So now that the blog is updating, FotoFink is back in the saddle, (nice camera work on that link, eh?) can we assume that things are caught up?  Of course not- It's playoff time!  A quick update seems appropriate now, however, just to keep the world spinning on it's axis for a few more days.

You may wonder about the picture above, so here's an explanation- Since this post encompasses so many games, it seemed unfair to include any one as the lead photo- so here was a chance to do something a little different.   My observation, after taking a lot of your senior night pictures, is that as a rule, cheerleaders make pictures better.  Lets hope the same holds true for blog entries.

In the spirit of brevity- I'll make a few general points and then link to lots of new galleries-

First, in case I haven't said it enough, thanks for all of your support of this project.  Sales are coming in at a record pace, and I am hearing lots of positive comments when I see you all on the sidelines.  This hobby/obsession/business is something I enjoy, and it is nice to feel that you all do too.

Second, as the playoffs progress, rest assured I will do whatever I can to make as many of your games as possible.  Time, work, conflicting game schedules, games in far-off places all add some difficulty to that, but I have come to enjoy being at your games and watching your teams compete.  Hopefully that will continue for a while for most of you.

Third, with the fall seasons wrapping up, thoughts are turning to winter sports.  The strategy that I had this fall seemed to work well- Target a handful of teams that are interested in pictures, and make sure to get to enough of their games to get most/all of the players.  This fall, those teams were HR, Coughlin, and Crestwood Soccer, HR Field Hockey, HR Football, and HR Volleyball.  I'd like to employ a similar strategy this winter.  I have some ties to Holy Redeemer, so I am sure I will make some of their basketball games, but other than that-  I am open for suggestions.  If you have players at a particular sport or event that you would like to see enshrined here at FF, please contact me (sfinkernagel@hotmail.com).  I am open to all suggestions- If you think you'll buy 'em, I'll snap 'em.  School stuff, Travel teams, Dome games- whatever.

Lastly, as Christmas approaches, I have historically gotten a lot of requests for the collage-type posters that are on the site.  I only do these by request, because of the time and effort involved, so if you have interest, contact me (sfinkernagel@hotmail.com).  The earlier the better.  Here is a link to an entry I made last year that provides some pricing and info.  This link will take you to some examples of what can be done.

Too much time for me on this already-  Here are all the galleries posted since the last entry-

Coughlin Soccer Senior Night

Soccer- Redeemer at Coughlin


Redeemer Field Hockey Senior Night 

Field hockey- Pittston at Redeemer

Redeemer Soccer Senior Night

Soccer- Tunkhannock at Redeemer

Crestwood Soccer Senior Night

Soccer- Dallas at Crestwood

Wow.  All that and I am still behind.

Wanted- Photo assistant for growing online photo business.  Duties include- traveling to fields that teams seem determined to keep hidden, taking pictures in the heat, cold, rain, bugs, and dark.  Once taken, pictures need to be individually cropped, color corrected, sharpened, labeled and posted.  Hours are long, pay is minimal.  Rewards come from bringing joy to others.  Inquire within.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a parent of 3 Crestwood soccer players (1 Varsity, 2 JV). Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to get to many of our games this year to take photos. The photos you were able to take are far better than anything we could take of our kids on our own! Wish you were around when our oldest played Crestwood soccer (2000-2003)because we really don't have any quality shots of him playing. Thanks again and hope to see you at our games next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee-

    Thank you for the support that you and all of the Crestwood parents have shown over the last few seasons. My oldest was playing at Bishop Hoban at the same time as yours- unfortunately I didn't pick up this hobby until he had graduated. To look around our home, you would think we only ever had our 2 youngest playing- the best shot of the oldest is a yellowing newspaper clipping! Can't change the past though...

    I look forward to next fall too!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete