Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long Time


Lots of meaning to the title today, as first off, it took a long time to get these shots posted.  My apologies, as the "real job" took me on a road trip to Vestal NY on Friday, then hockey Friday night, football Saturday, hockey again on Friday......  no rest for the weary.

This game also took a long time.  100 minutes of soccer, and nobody scored.  Sometimes these scoreless draws are exciting, knowing that either team could tilt the game decisively at any moment.  This one, however, didn't seem to have a lot of that drama.  It felt more like 2 teams coasting into the latter part of the season.  That's easy to say from the sidelines, as I was not the "goalie du jour" leaping to make saves, I was not sacrificing my body to make plays, and I was not hustling to loose balls- but in general, it didn't feel like enough of the players were either.  Perhaps it is because the playoff fates for both teams are pretty much cast now, Sem will likely get the automatic berth for being the lone single A team in division 1, and Redeemer will likely be able to watch Sem's first round match.  Or perhaps it's because my heart is 2 sizes too small.  We may never know.

My friends at Sem have purchased some pictures in the past, so there are quite a few in this gallery devoted to them.  It looks like there has been a lot of turnover, so hopefully the remaining "old timers" can point the way to the new folks, so the FotoFink legend can grow.

Puffy cheeks.  Reminds me of a FotoFink favorite from years past.

Speaking of FotoFink favorites....

Sometimes, you meet a girl, get her number, and it's just too important to risk putting in your pocket with the red and yellow cards.

I can't blame her (him?).  It was hard to watch this game at times.

Considering the elbow room on the sidelines, any fans are welcome.  Especially so when they are alums.  Amanda is looking forward to the basketball season at Wilkes, Laura has taken some time out from the soccer schedule at Elizabethtown to help her mom run the sideline yoga class.

On to the football pics for me- for you-

Sem @ HR gallery is here.

FotoFink is here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment