Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is That You, Mo-Dean?


Thanks to an interesting chain of events, the ever-expanding world of FotoFink now includes 2 USTA girls travel soccer teams, which our staff had the pleasure of shooting this past weekend.  Since many of you may be visiting for the first time, this will be a quick primer on what's happening here.

FotoFink is a website that is used to show and sell photos, mostly of youth sports from here in the Wyoming Valley.  There is a little more background available at the FAQ page, which you can also access from many pages on the site itself.  You are now reading the companion blog, where I get to introduce the photos and share some thoughts about the process.  After my rants, there are links at the bottom to the galleries themselves, which is where you can view, share, and purchase photos.

First off, thanks need to go out to Sam Falcone for helping to set this up.  I usually don't take pictures anywhere that I am not invited, and he was kind enough to invite me, and promote the site to the rest of the parents.  Hopefully this will be good for everyone.  I got to spend a sunny day outdoors shooting soccer, so I'm already happy.

Many of you may want to narrow down the number of photos to just see your favorite player, so on the site,  there is a search box on each page where you can type your player's first name.  In theory, this will take you to a group of photos that only include that player.  Realistically, you are better off paging through the whole gallery and looking for yourself.  Tagging the photos with the player's names is not as easy as it sounds- especially in the U14 game.  Consider that there is no number on the front of those uniforms, there are some numbers on the shorts (but it turns out they are from the U15 game and don't match up), and some of the numbers are not on the roster at all- you can imagine the task of trying to figure out who is who.  It left me wondering, is that you Mo-Dean? for many of the girls.  Long story short- page through to find your players.  Don't trust the search box.

The music links are a long story- if you care, you can read some older posts to get a feel for what that's all about.  If you don't care, then  well....  just pretend it didn't happen.

I did my best to include everyone, but I am not sure how well that worked out.  With over 500 pictures from the 2 games, I' like to think that the law of averages will work out to see that everyone is included, but I missed someone, please accept my apology and know that it was unintentional.  If the response is strong, perhaps another game will be in the future.  Let me know if you feel slighted, I'll try to make it up.

Ok- enough from me.  If you have questions, start at the FAQ page.  If you still have questions, contact me at sfinkernagel@hotmail.com.  Here are the galleries- I hope you enjoy them!

USTA U15G V Souderton

USTA U14G V Northwestern

All of FotoFink

No comments:

Post a Comment