Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Stuff


There are lots of things going on right now that can be considered good stuff, although Saturday's final score may not be one of them.  Redeemer got close to Lehman before the half ended, but their hurry-up offense backfired when it left enough time on the clock for Lehman to tally again before the break.  The second half was forgettable for the Royals, but at least we got to see some players make appearances that ordinarily might not.  Anything that broadens the FotoFink galleries is good stuff.

So what else is good?  Well, the third daytime football game has led to a much larger number of higher quality shots than last season.  A long weekend has allowed me to get caught up on editing, and spend some time with the clan.  Sunday was filled with relaxation, football & baseball games, nachos & chicken wing dip.  But the best part.....

Some of you may know that I am a hockey fan.  I cut school in the 70's to see the Flyers victory parades.  I have season tickets to the Wilkes-Barre pens (section 105- come visit!).  Saturday was a give-away night at the arena- an NEPA sports map.  I had no idea what this was, but happened to be there in time to get one.  Imagine my surprise when Mrs. FF opened the poster-sized map and found our faces on the print!  At first glance, we appeared to be just faces in a crowd shot- but after more careful study, it was clear that this poster was primarily of us, and happened to have some other information about the Pens and other AHL teams on it.  The FotoFink legend continues to grow.  For fans that are interested, I'll be autographing copies in the concession area of the gym at the girl's volleyball game on Wednesday.  The nominal charge will be donated to..... me.  :)

Back to the game-

I am a little concerned that so many of my shots have other photographers in the backgrounds, because it probably means that one of us is in the wrong place.  Let's hope it's not me.

The stereotype that football players are not bright is clearly wrong.  These two can apparently count backwards-

Backgrounds can make or break a picture.  In our stadium, when the light is right, I can get some cool shots that include the HR logo behind the play.  There are quite a few in this gallery.  Looking back, maybe I overused the strategy in some cases.  Kind of like the QB keeper play.

Here's another interesting background.

Passionate fans make football games exciting.  I can't believe that she has much of a voice left after the games.

It's a little hard to tell, but that's a touchdown.  There are always highlights.

They are shaded, dry, have their own private concession stand nearby that serves alcohol, and they don't have to pay for admission.  I am thinking that these are the best seats ever.

There is just no one cooler.  No one.

Faces are hard to capture underneath helmets, but when you do- they are even better than backgrounds.

That's a wrap from me.

Game shots are here.

Whole site is here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment