Saturday, March 21, 2009

Confession Time


Not in the traditional, Catholic sense in this case. I just have the urge to confess that I don't like basketball. I realize that the entire planet is consumed by "March Madness" right now, but for me- no. I don't like basketball.

Right now, hopefully are saying to yourself- "So what?" If so, good. I don't want to take away from anyone else's enjoyment. I am sure there are things I like that others don't- Soccer, asparagus and George Thoroughgood all come to mind. Live & let live. Basketball just never did it for me. Too much offense, too much about the "show". Remember the upset game between Nova & Georgetown in 1985? I was a student at Nova at the time, and didn't even watch the game. Don't even get me started on how I feel about this guy. Oh Baby.

So why this blog entry then? It's part rant (basketball pre-empting Survivor on Thursday? Let me at the guy who made that decision!) and part... well.... confession. I have to admit, I enjoyed the Siena game last night. Probably mostly because of Owen, of course, I guess it just feels good to be able to say "I knew him when". Faithful FFers will remember Owen from both soccer and basketball during his time here in WB.

Enjoy Siena's ride while it lasts fans. It might even convert me.

No comments:

Post a Comment