Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthday


Coughlin soccer continued it's winning ways on Tuesday night, but since it's now Thursday, the game is old news.  At the risk of hijacking this post, I am going to put some focus (get it) on what is truly important- FotoFink.  I kid, of course, but the truth is, I can't come up with anything terribly prophetic to say about the game- It wasn't close, it ended as we all expected and hoped, and Thursday's challenge is suddenly much more important.

On the other hand, Wednesday was the one year anniversary (Birthday) of this blog becoming part of the FotoFink stable, so therein lies a topic.  Prior to the blog, my comments were blissfully brief, and on the same page with all of the pictures.  Any thoughts on individual shots were buried in the galleries, seen only by a few careful readers.  The blog has provided a bigger platform for my rants, and some of you have actually told me that you enjoy reading it.  There is, as they say, no accounting for taste.

Anyway- good or bad, I now get to be (have to be) more wordy in my intros.  If my thoughts bore you, the links are always at the bottom of the post to take you away- or you can go to the site directly to experience the visual goodness.  Some of you seem happy about the blog birthday though- let's have a look at how you all celebrated-

Jake says I'm number one.  I'll agree.

The team got so excited that they lifted Jordan up so he could see over the crowd.  Reminded me of this-
(That was a little....  Offside.  Hopefully taken as it was meant- all in good fun)

Tim heard the news, and first go so excited that he kneed Jordan.  Then he started channeling Michael Jackson.

Later in the game, Jake changed his mind, and decided we were number 2.  Or maybe he's just saying- "I can't wait to celebrate your 2nd birthday"  That must be it.

Jordan (again- this kid gets more face-time than Barack) and Brian shared a tender moment in front of the port-o-potties.

Clearly everyone celebrated in their own ways.  Here at the cozy mountain retreat, it was a quiet evening on the sofa.

Thanks, as always, for the support you folks have shown through the season.  Believe me when I say that there is far too much time and effort involved in this for it to be about the money that is involved.  The truth is, I like doing this, and I get a charge out of thinking that you enjoy the results.  Remember, we are still lining up teams for the winter and spring seasons, Coughlin Volleyball already has a spot.

One more time-

Game pictures

FotoFink pictures

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment