Monday, March 1, 2010

Sledgehammer

For the second time in recent weeks, Wyoming Area's girls visited Holy Redeeemer for some basketball.  Although more was at stake this time, the result was similar- HR came down like a.......  you guessed it..... Sledgehammer.

A little experimenting there- If that worked out, that opened in a new window.  If you want, you can continue to enjoy Peter Gabriel while you read.  I am always thinking of you....

Some Wyoming Area parents have expressed some interest in photos, so may plan was to shoot this game with both teams in mind- and save all that work of walking down the the other end of the court.  There ended up being a few hurdles to get past (more on that in a moment), and the end result was a pretty small set of some pretty average pictures, in my opinion anyway.

The first issue that I had was that I knew I was leaving a little early- 7:05 hockey game, that I resigned myself to be a little late for, but did not want to miss.  Apologies to the boys, who played right after this game, since I missed all of that.  Hopefully, there will be a few more games from here for them as well.

In addition, for the first time ever, I had a complaint about the lights that I set up for the pictures.  First and foremost, I do not ever want to affect a game, so of course, the lights went off, and the pictures were.... less good.  Here's an example- This shot was without the flashes, this is a similar shot with them.  I know that the flashed shot has kind of an odd look to the background, but the colors are so much more vivid, and the detail is so much greater- it's hard to settle.  The games, of course, are not about me, or the pictures, but since this is my platform...

Let's put it out to you- first off- does anyone else have strong feelings about the pictures?  Flashed better than non-flashed?  Other way around?

Second, and more importantly- for the athletes- Is the flash distracting?  When I have asked before, I've been told no- for the most part, the players don't notice it going off at all.  If it is a distraction- please let me know!  My guess it that in this case, it bothered the bench more than the players.  If I am wrong, I truly want to know.  Feel free to drop a comment here (which you can do anonymously) or at my email- sfinkernagel@hotmail.com.

Enough- let's enjoy the shots I got, shall we?

The game

The site

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment