Saturday, March 27, 2010

Learn Your Lessons Well

FotoFink faithful will recall a time when this was mostly a soccer photo site.  Here at the cozy mountain retreat, we are a soccer household, so that was naturally the first place my hobby took me.  Gradually, other sports have entered the mix, as our Editor-in-Chief learned his lesson well- This week, the fold expands to include track as well, and hopefully, we are all better for it.

Godspell was dissed a bit in the last post, and in retrospect, that may have been harsh.  (Mrs FotoFink claims there was music from Godspell in our wedding...  I should have paid more attention, I guess.)  This post will be a shameless attempt to correct that oversight.  Buckle up.

The spring schedule here at FotoFink is tighter than ever.  Events are mapped out day by day until the end of the school year at this point. Still, our staff gets requests- "We beseech thee, Fotofink- come shoot our domino tournament? It's next Monday night, out on the willows".  Alas for you, time is precious, and we can't cover every event.  It would be one thing if there were a huge staff of photographers by my side, but there is not.  It is a great pleasure though, to document all good gifts that our children share by competing.  I'll do what I can, until I am told to turn back, o man.

On to track-

Some apologies first- our staff did an admirable job identifying the competitors, but there are still a few untagged athletes.  Feel free to comment somewhere to help us out- keywords can still be added or changed, and with over 37,000 photos on the site, tags are important to keep things organized.

There are over 500 pictures from the day, but undoubtedly, the camera missed some of you.  Don't take it personally- this is the first track meet on the site, the next one will surely be more thorough as I adjust to the "flow" of the events.

Next one?  Oh yes.  There are too many good photo ops to not return.  This event (Triple jump?  Long jump?  Still not sure how many times they left the earth) resulted in some great shots.  I don't know if this is good technique or not, but it's good photo material.  Even the running events provided some interesting shots.

Many of you may be new to the site, I encourage you to browse around- there are many of you that are on here for other sports as well.  Read the FAQ section if you have questions, feel free to press the "BUY" button early and often.

Here's what you came for-

Game photos

All the FotoFink photos

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Conor- You are very welcome- I really enjoyed the afternoon, much more than I expected, frankly. I am certainly planning to be back!

    ReplyDelete