Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dance On A Volcano

Ok, I know- skiing isn't really dancing, and Snoooo Mountain is hardly a volcano.  But the lifelong project is in the middle of a long stretch of Genesis, and this is about the most appropriate title within reasonable sight of current recordings.  As blog entries progress, there will be bigger stretches, trust me.

This is a bit of an experiment in the format also- by embedding the  clip, you should be able to let it play while you enjoy these pearls of wisdom.  Or not.  Suit yourself on that- as has been noted, the musical part of this project is more to keep me sane than anything else.  You can join that part of the trip or not.



Explanations now over, lets get onto some more interesting fare.  Ski club concluded this past Friday, and as has become tradition, FF sent a staffer to cover the excitement.  Efforts to generate a flash mob for some on-hill action shots failed miserably, but the skiers we found made up for the lack of numbers with a high level of enthusiasm.  Thanks to Elizabeth, Abbie, Nicole, Erin, and Casey for their patience on the hill while I fumbled around the camera controls with frozen fingers.

Once inside, the group did manage to assemble for the traditional group photo, and a few random shots as well.

How many times have I gotten the "money shot" Nate?  Every time you pose for it.

Two young men saw me snapping pictures and asked if it was for the website.  Naturally, I assumed they meant my website (are there others?) and was happy to include them.  I had no idea that they were not HoRe students, and surely they have no idea what website they are appearing on.  Nice pose.

Sorry Katie- My bad.  They can't all be winners.

Thanks for the onion rings.  You're my boy, Blue.

Speaking of my boy....  Reminds me of the line at the 1:15 mark of this clip.

Mrs. FotoFink is ending up all over this post.  Last time, I promised a picture from the archives, which actually turned into a separated at birth update.  I've long suspected that she doesn't actually read these posts- so this will be a test.  If I have a black eye tomorrow, she's reading.  BTW-  If you are new to the land of FotoFink, that gallery is worth exploring a bit.

Before this ends, let's send a big thank you out to the moderators- who sacrifice Friday after Friday so that Ski Club (and the pasta/stir fry bar) continues.  There were a number of attempts made at this picture- Mrs. Alfano preferred her crazy eyes in this one, Mrs. Decker preferred this shot, and for obvious reasons, I preferred this one.  To each, their own.

Note that this is a right-clickable, low/no price gallery.  Steal 'em all if you want 'em.

Ski Club Pictures are here.

FotoFink is here.

Note the new web address- the old ones will work, but you can now find us at www.FotoFink.net.

Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment