Monday, October 25, 2010

Money

In what may be the all-time biggest boneheaded business decision (ok- second biggest), I am going to try to sell photos of what may be the most photographed team in history.  No one ever accused me of being too bright....  In truth though, this team has been fun to shoot- and after all, not everything has to be about money.

Since this is the first time many of you are seeing the photos on my site, this post will be a little primer on what's going on here....  As you may know, Wilkes hires me to shoot a few of their sporting events.  On those occasions, the photos go directly to the SID, and are used on the website, programs, press releases, etc.  They have asked me not to sell those photos again, which of course, I respect.  In some cases, however, I will choose to shoot a game on my own- as was the case here with the homecoming match vs DelVal.  These photos then ARE available, and your purchases will help fund my favorite charity- my photography hobby.

Too cheap/thrifty/broke to buy?  I know- its a bad economy.  That's still ok.  There are a few ways the photos can be shared without any expense.  Want a low-res copy for emailing or facebook?  Use the share button to send an email to yourself.  The copy you will receive is good enough for either of those.  More details are in the FAQ section of the site.  Want to share a gallery of your favorite player with someone?  Use a keyword search to display all of your favorite player's shots, then copy and paste the link as you see fit.  The Jennas will have to deal with the extra shots on their pages- next time, be more original when you name your child.... (Looking over that list, I am really partial to Fabienne.  Good thing I had 3 boys) Please remember that if you choose to use the photos in any of those ways, mentioning the website where they came from is considered good form.

As always, I usually have a few comments on the game that I will share here also.  If you are tired of me already, the links to the photos are at the end of this post- and if you skip down, I will never know...

One of my twisted little pleasures is to point out some of the odd expressions that will occur during a game, and get captured forever in a photo.  Not to be sexist, but girls usually get the most upset about this, and as a result, of course, give me even greater pleasure in the act.  As usual, I can count on Lyndsay for an example, but I was really happy to see Brooke and Taryn chipping in as well.

Cards are part of the game, and occasionally every player will get one.  Judging from her expression, Katie understands this and agrees completely with the referee's decision.

The best photo opportunity for goalies is during warm-up....  If only I could get them to wear their game jerseys, I wouldn't have to explain that fact....

So much of this is timing- and even I get lucky here and there.

Ok-  enough gibberish from me- here's why you came-

Game Photos

All of FotoFink

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment