Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Something Fine


Saturday proved to be a busy day on the football field- Aside from Halloween festivities, (more on that in another post), a postponed homecoming ceremony, senior day events, there was a football game thrown in for grins.  Adding to the excitement, the Royals managed a convincing victory, ensuring that the day was filled with something fine.

This post will be short, because there is a very slim chance that FotoFink could be completely caught up for a few hours if I can get back to some editing, so here are a few brief thoughts on the day-

First off, the halftime show was so intriguing, I am planning a separate post for those pictures and comments.  Stay tuned for that, trust me.

I didn't really get good shots of the pre-game goings on- I actually expected more of that at halftime, so I was grossly late and out of position.  I did what I could from the wrong side of the field.  I did notice about 60 people with cameras in the stands for all of that, so I am sure those pictures are available somewhere.

He's still the coolest.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I see this, I am reminded of this.

The paper talked about a play where Zach was "so wide open the closest people to him were two paramedics sitting on the rear bumper of an ambulance".  I disagree.  I was closer.

This picture requires a little explanation.  While I was walking along the sidelines, I glanced down at these cards, and noticed what they were- Cue cards.  For the Nanticoke cheerleaders.  The top one said, in big letters.... "Let's Go Trojans".  I am sure that there are lots of things about cheerleading that are hard, but is remembering that line really one of them?

Something interesting is going to happen as a result of that last paragraph.  You may have noticed some ads on the side of the blog pages- google runs them, and they are supposed to send me some compensation based on traffic on the site.  So far, I've qualified for a grand total of.....  $0.  That's about what I expected- this isn't Amazon.com after all.  The funny thing is that the ads are generated based on the language used in the posts.  Naming Nanticoke's mascot, (or North Pocono's) usually results in a rash of condom ads.  Before the church comes after me with torches burning, I thought it best to explain.

Ok-  It's late, and the Phillies have gotten up off the mat and forced a game 6.  Time to wrap this up.

Game pics are here.

FotoFink is here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment