Wednesday, December 21, 2011

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch


So... what gives FotoFink?  You take these great photos of our girls wearing Santa hats, but then there's no way to get them before Christmas?  You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch....

Actually- there is a way.  If anyone is dying to get the photos before Christmas, we can do that.  Instead of ordering from the website though, contact me- either at sfinkernagel@hotmail.com, or 570-350-3677.  We can figure out payment, and I can have them printed locally in an hour.  If there is no rush, then of course you can order from the website, as always.

Besides all of that, let me extend a warm welcome to the players and parents from GSA's 8th grade girls basketball team!  One connection led to another, and your coach helped set up this shoot, and some game/action shots should follow as well.  Hopefully everyone enjoys the photos, and if you are new to the world of FotoFink, here are a few FAQs to enhance your experience.

Cool photos!  How can I buy some?  Thanks for asking- that's actually my favorite question!  As you browse, every photo has  "buy" button nearby.  Click it, and you are a few credit card digits away from photos in the mail.

Can I get the jpg files?  Yes.  After you click buy, you will see a tab for downloads.  You can purchase a digital copy of the file from there.

But.... I didn't want to pay.....  I'm enjoying these questions less and less.  Actually, there are lots of ways to share and enjoy without the exchange of funds.  You can share links to the galleries and individual shots with as many people as you'd like.  You can download a low-res copy that will post nicely onto facebook, twitter, etc.  Read the 6th paragraph of this post for details.  Remember to credit the amazing photographer and you'll have no bad karma issues.

Cool!  More?  Yup.  I was at a game last weekend for about one quarter, and I plan to be at more.  Game shots will follow as I have time to take them and get them processed for posting.  The more interest I sense, the more photos I can justify taking.  (That may have been too subtle.... let me be more clear, for those of us without a private school education- If the photos sell well, I will take more)

I like you FotoFink- how can I enjoy this experience even more?  Thanks honey.  I'll be a little late for dinner tonight.  If you are actually wondering this.... there are lots of 12 step programs that can help.  Short of that, you can join our facebook group, follow us on Twitter, and if I can ever figure out google+, I suppose you can hang out with me there.  Not yet though.  You can read some old blog posts too- sometimes they are funny.

All kidding aside- This was a fun shoot.  Parents- you should be proud of your girls- they were fun, involved, and incredibly polite as the shoot progressed.  A few of the shots spilled out over the background, but we'll blame the tight space in the library for that.  Fun shoots tend to provide the best shots- and I think these photos confirm that.

One more brief tidbit-  If you played the Grinch song from the first link, or if you've ever seen the TV show (is there anyone who hasn't?) you know that the late Thurl Ravenscroft had an amazing voice- amazing to the point that its hard to imagine anyone else singing that.  Did you know, however, that Thurl was also the voice of Tony the Tiger?  Characters from the Haunted Mansion in Disney world?  RIP Thurl- you are missed.

Back to some photos?  Sure.

Good Shepherd Team and Individual

All of FotoFink

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment