Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Landslide

FotoFink took another step into the new era as our staff attended the Field Hockey game between your Holy Redeemer Royals and the Delaware Valley....  actually I have no idea what their mascot is.  We'll call them the Vals.

Prior to this year, pictures on the site have been centered around my children, but since they have all graduated, this year I am more of a "free agent".  Holy Redeemer Field Hockey contacted me and asked to shoot a few games- so expect a few more visits to Hollenback this season.  On that subject, if anyone can do anything about the bugs and the stench....

In this opening match of the season, HR prevailed by a 2-0 score- which actually felt a lot closer than that.  Early play seemed to favor the Vals, then your Royals scored before halftime to take the lead.  The second goal came near the end of the game- which kept all of us in suspense for most of the day.

I use this blog to recap the games- as above, and also to add a few unimportant comments- as below-

Landslide is a reference to an old Fleetwood Mac song- you'll have to read some older entries to figure out why I use these titles.  I thought it was appropriate here, because the field at Hollenback is such a dust bowl it seem like it is all going to slide (or blow) away.  The pictures that look all soft and fuzzy are probably just clouded by the dusty haze- because, of course, it couldn't be the fault of the photographer....

I come from a soccer background- THIS, I understand.  THIS, someone will have to explain to me.  Apparently there is a lot of shame attached to it.

There are lots of odd things in this game-  This just looks wrong....

Usually, a picture needs to have a ball in it to make the site.  Sometimes though, an expression is enough.

It looked to me like our new chaplain did as much running as some of the girls-  nice to see that kind of enthusiasm.

Enough noise from me.  In the future, if you wish to skip my pearls of wisdom, you can skip right to the bottom of each post for these links-

Shots from the game are here.

The whole FotoFink site is here.  If you look around, there are some shots of field hockey from the last few seasons.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment