Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Double Life


Lots of meaning in this post's title- Monday brought a doubleheader of girl's soccer, and while I clearly had favorites in each game, there were also some ties to the opponents as well. It's funny how a few picture sales can affect my allegiances.

The opener saw Holy Redeemer taking on Dallas for the third time this season. Each of the first 2 games was a 1-0 victory for Dallas, but somehow, this one just felt different. Although Dallas dominated play, the Royals were getting chances, and also a few breaks. Between a missed PK, a few fortunate posts, it almost seemed like maybe this could be HR's day. (Night, actually. Kinda cold too.)

By now, of course, we know that it was not. Dallas scored on a perfectly placed free kick, and that goal held up to send them on to the district finals, and ended Holy Redeemer's season.

Lots to do, as always, so here's a few quick thoughts-

If you have been trying to look it up, let me save you the trouble- Double Life is not a Jimmy Buffet song, I am finally past that artist on my quest towards Warren Zevon. For new readers, I am in the process of recording all of my old vinyl records to digital- It's a lengthy process, but I have been drawing inspiration from the song titles for the blog entries. Double Life is a track on The Cars second album, Candy-O. Great cover art, but a disappointing effort considering how strong the first album was.

Nope. Maybe next year.

I found it interesting that I overheard two different people on the sidelines of the game that were amazed that girl's soccer has grown to this level. I am not. In fact, I am amazed that there are not more fans and support for the game. I have no interest in sparking this kind of debate, or this, so I will let it go at that.

Enough of my ramblings. The game pictures are here. All of the shots can be found here.

I wonder how many of you are getting smart & skipping right to the bottom for these links?

No comments:

Post a Comment