Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mr. Bad Example

The blog post is a little late this week- surprisingly, no one seemed to mind.  What's my excuse?  Is this delay intentional, or am I just Mr. Bad Example, missing my self-imposed 1 week/1 post commitment?

A little of both actually.  Sunday was the end of a busy week, this week holds a trip to the remote southern headquarters, so looking ahead, it seemed that a slight delay in the post would allow everything to be covered for a while.  Thrill-a-minute stuff, I know....

So how were the shoots since last time?  Thanks so much for asking!!!!

Berwick visited Wyoming Area, and I found out that it rains inside the fences too.  Another fantasy crushed.

Nice slide.  Love it when the base gets uprooted.

Happy Birthday Lexi!  Nice face...

Tuesday was the day I expected to find HR baseball and softball playing side by side.  Good idea for an overwhelmed photographer.

Better game face- Mary, or Stacey?

Throw Steve into that game face contest.  I think we have a winner.

No shots from Wednesday- I am sure something was rained out.

Thursday I had an adventure shooting for Wilkes-  Let's just say that I may be the first guy to break a sweat on a golf course.  After the great golf debacle, it was back to Hollenback for more softball, and surprise- baseball too!  The original plan was to include soccer as well, but of course that match wasn't at the field indicated on the schedule.  That would have been far too easy.

As out as he looks, he was safe.

As bad as this looks, it ended well.

Looks bad, was bad.  Thankfully no injuries.

Love the shades, really.  The sunflower seeds too.

Saturday brought up a decision- volleyball at Pottsville?  Or track at Wallenpaupack?  Toughest call ever...  volleyball is indoors, and 2 teams that I am shooting were on the schedule.  Martz Hall is one of my favorite places to shoot also.  Icebreakers were great fun last year though, and there are always more shots to find with the three-ringed-circus that is a track meet. Hmmm.....   In the end, two external factors helped sway me- First- Flyers tickets.  I had arranged for a pair of seats to game 2 of the series, long before I knew when that game would be.  It was, of course, Saturday night, and knowing that I'd be leaving early, volleyball made more sense than track- I would still get shots of everyone, even with the early departure.  Driving out to Pottsville, the second reason became clear- Rain.  Lots of rain.  Flooding, Noah's ark-type rain.  There was no way Icebreakers would happen-  I was in the clear.....  Wrong again.  Total props to the track team for braving the elements...  As for icebreakers.. maybe next year.

Robert and Brendan were glad I came.  FotoFink is number 1.....

Congrats to the boys too.  After losing to Easton at Valley West, and splitting with Fleetwood in pool play, the Royals beat both of those teams to take the gold at the Pottsville tournament.  Come out to watch these guys.

Part of my logic for skipping track on Saturday was knowing that I'd be shooting in on Monday.  So I did.

Game face, Hurdle face, whatever.  Add Maria to the mix.

Landings on the long jump....  awesome.

The mid-air part can be good too.

That shot reminds me of something... I dislike rules.  A lot.  There are lots of rules in photography though- the rule of thirds, the sunny 16 rule, on and on and on...  In light of this, I am starting my own list of rules.  FotoFink's rules.  I am starting here, in no particular order.  When nothing is going on, find Nicole.  There is always a shot there.

Ok- I sense that this is too long already.  Looking ahead, we have...... nothing.  Really.  I'll be traveling until the next scheduled blog post, so there will be no new events before next weekend.  Not sure how I will handle that- either postpone (why not- everything else does) or maybe post some sort of shameless self promotion piece.  I am leaning towards the latter.

Links-

Softball galleries

Baseball galleries

Pottsville Volleyball

Redeemer at Wyoming Area Track

Everything

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment