Saturday, May 23, 2009

Look at me, I can be.... centerfield


Our staff has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get to a baseball game for a few weeks now. Mrs. Ell floated the idea out some time ago, and ever since we have been looking for opportunities. Between travel obligations, volleyball, and soccer, it was not until Friday that we were able to make it happen. Just in time, as it worked out, as the Royals season came to an end with the hard-fought battle at Lake Lehman.

Since I only recognized a few of the players, I am going to assume that this is the first trip to FF for some of you- Here's a quick user's guide-

There are 2 links at the end of this "speech" One will take you to a gallery of shots from the game, one will take you to the main page of the FotoFink website, where you can navigate to find over 20,000 pictures, mostly of Holy Redeemer athletes. All of the photos are for sale, and I hope you like them enough to buy some. I have set the prices at about half of what most pro photographers charge, considering the time and effort involved in all this, I am clearly not doing it for the money. It is nice, however, to have a few extra dollars available when it's time for a new lens, so feel free to order early & often.

Usually, I will title each photo with the player's name. Since I knew so few of the baseball players, I did not do this at all- you will have to page through the gallery to find what you want. For most other galleries, you can type your player's first name into the search box to find the shots of him/her on the site.

Most of the photos are cropped to 5x7. You can order any size, of course, but any other size will require some cropping in checkout. It's easy to do, you'll see during checkout. Just be aware of what you are including or leaving out of your photo.

If you poke around the site, you'll see some collage-type posters, wallhogs & other fun stuff. Contact me if you are interested in any of those. My email is the best way to reach me- sfinkernagel@hotmail.com.

Since this was my first time shooting baseball, there was naturally much to learn. In general, the first base side provided the better angle for the right-handed batter. Occasionally, there were some obstacles though.

The "Holy Grail" of baseball shots among photographers is the BOB- Bat on Ball. From what I can tell, it sometimes eludes pros for years. I got close, but was surprised how hard it really is.

OK- enough from me. Here are the links-

Gallery

Entire Site

BTW- If you are following along, no, I haven't actually gotten to John Fogerty yet. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to use that song, so I skipped ahead a bit. Back to Cheap Trick next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment